Many people think SEO is just a job done once during the lifetime of the website. Not so. SEO is an ongoing process. A website owner should constantly observe his performance on their website while making efforts to maximize SEO. But we are currently in blind condition. To be able to do the optimization, you must know what happens on your website.
What kind of numbers appear, whether there is an increase or decrease in performance. Without knowing the relevant numbers, we will not know what needs to be fixed and what is good. Therefore, follow these guidelines so you can always get the maximum SEO performance. Things you should already know (and do):
Because valuation is the last process in SEO, you should have done it first this:
- On-page SEO: Website page optimization
- Off-page SEO: Build links and popularity
- The principle of content marketing in SEO
(The above 3 guides are the previous chapters in this SEO guide series)
After that, you are ready to the first step.
- Integrate Search Console and Google Analytics Although many people say both tools are not mandatory, for a serious SEO practitioner you should both use them. Click here for how to install Google Analytics. Once installed, go to Search Console and add your website. Nothing will happen in no time. Both of these tools take several days after they are installed because they will only collect data. The data will be used to further optimize. If your website has a sitemap in format .xml, submit it to Search Console now to make it easier for Google to read your site.
- Crawling with Crawling aids is a process done by search engines to crawl the pages while collecting information. We will imitate this process. The goal is to know the big picture of your website .. is there an error, whether there are broken links, internal duplicates, and empty meta tags.
Use one of these 3 tools:
- ScreamingFrog SEO Spider
- WildShark SEO Spider
- BeamUsUp SEO Crawling Software
- ScreamingFrog is the most complete feature, but the free version can only scan for 500 pages in one way. While the premium version is $ 99 per year. Two other alternatives are equivalent but 100% free. Go to one of the links above and download the software, then do a scan and fix what went wrong. Some improvement process with ScreamingFrog is discussed in this SEO technique guide. Since all three look similar, you can apply the guide to any tool.
Research more keywords. In this series of SEO guide has been discussed briefly related to keyword research to be used in:
2. Meta description
But if you do intend to make search engines a major source of traffic, do some more keyword research. How to do keyword research is discussed here. If you follow the above guidelines to the end, you will also find ways to perform keyword performance assessments.
- Content performance analysis
80% (or more) of a page on your website is content. So the effect of content on SEO is at least 80% of the overall things you do. Humans love to get content that is satisfactory so search engines will give good ratings to content that is satisfactory. Read this guide for content analysis with Google Analytics.